1. What is Tummy Time?
Tummy Time is one of baby`s first exercises—and the most important! Tummy Time is the period during the day your baby spends awake and on their stomach. It is a crucial exercise for baby`s motor, visual, and sensory development. Baby can begin Tummy Time as a newborn. They can continue to do Tummy Time throughout their first year.
2. Why does my baby need Tummy Time?
- To develop the core muscles of the neck, back, and shoulder muscles
- To meet developmental milestones
- To possibly help prevent early motor delays and conditions, such as flat head syndrome (positional plagiocephaly) and twisted neck (positional torticollis).
3. When should my baby start Tummy Time?
As a newborn baby, as soon as they come home from the hospital.
4. How long should you do Tummy Time?
Aim to achieve at least an hour of Tummy Time total per day by 3 months of age. This hour of Tummy Time can be broken up into smaller parts. From newborn age, start with a few minutes at a time and build up to longer sessions.
5. How often should you do Tummy Time?
Start with small increments of a few minutes at a time, several times a day. Finally, try a longer Tummy Time session, which will eventually be an hour.
Our water play mat is easy to use and make tummy time joyful for your babies.
Shop now Large Inflatable Tummy Time Premium Water Play Mat